Home Insurance

Home Insurance Overview

Home insurance policies protect you and your home. The following coverages are common:

  • Dwelling Coverage pays to rebuild or repair your home.
  • Other Structure Coverage pays to repair structures such as garages, sheds, fences and cottages.
  • Personal Property Coverage pays for personal items in your home that have been damaged or destroyed such as furniture, clothes, sporting goods and electronics.
  • Loss of Use Coverage pays your additional housing and living expenses if you have to move while your home is being repaired.
  • Liability Insurance protects your assets and covers your defense costs if you are sued because you or your family members caused injuries or damage to other people or their property.
  • Additional Home Coverage customizes your insurance to cover items not protected by other coverages.

We can tailor a policy to your specific needs. We have a comprehensive range of customizable insurance products. Contact an This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for a customized policy at 619.224.5337.

Home Insurance

Home insurance is designed to protect your home. The insurance coverage differs based on your type of residence. Ives Insurance provides the following types of insurance:

Personal umbrella insurance

Personal umbrella insurance offers additional coverage to your home and auto insurance. We will create a customized insurance policy that meets your needs.

Get a Quote

Our agents average more than 20 years of experience. We work with top rated insurance carriers. We can help you save and you can get a policy that meets your needs.

Contact an This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for a customized policy at 619.224.5337.

Homeowner Insurance


The homeowners policy is a complete package which covers your dwelling, other structures, loss of use, personal property, personal liability and medical payments.  It is extremely important that you insure your home to cover the replacement cost in the event of a total loss.  We at Ives strive to make sure that your dwelling, personal property and your family is fully protected when we evaluate your home.


Condominium Insurance

While the building itself should be covered by a policy issued to the condominium association, you are still responsible for alterations, appliances, fixtures and improvements, real property which pertains exclusively to the residence premises, structures owned solely by you other than the residence premises at the same location, and property which is your insurance responsibility under a corporation or association of property owners agreement.


Renter's Insurance


Renters insurance policies protect you from loss to your personal property in an apartment, home or condominium that you rent.  This policy also protects you in the event you are liable for injury or property damage that may occur while others are on the property.  Many landlords and property managers now require renters insurance as a condition to rent. 


Rental Property Insurance

Your rental property is a very large investment and we want to make sure you are insured correctly to protect this valuable asset.


Personal Umbrella Insurance


A personal umbrella policy gives you broad, low cost insurance which covers you over and above your other insurance policy limits on your home, auto and boat.

You get worldwide coverage, protection against libel, slander and defamation of character, defense, excess liability and attorney costs for claims where your umbrella policy applies.


Ives Helps You Save


Ives Insurance Services will help you save on Home Insurance.

Professional agents with an average of 20 years experience who want to learn about your specifc needs and help you select the correct coverage at the best price.


Mobile Home Insurance

Mobile home insurance is designed for mobile homes and manufactured homes.

Mobile home insurance and manufactured home insurance covers:

  • the mobile home
  • adjacent structures
  • personal belongings
  • liability coverage for accidents on your property.


Seasonal Home Insurance

A seasonal or vacation home may not qualify for homeowners insurance. A seasonal home can be located in an isolated area, may lack utilities or a furnace for heating.

A vacant home is more likely to be burglarized, vandalized, burn to the ground or suffer frozen pipes than a home that you live in full time.

Consequently you need an insurance policy that tailored to you seasonal or vacation home.


Compare Homeowners Insurance

Ives Insurance is the perfect resource to help you compare insurance policies.   As an independent insurance agent, we we work with all the top rated insurance carriers.

Our agents have intimate knowledge of the details of the policies offered by each insurance company. So, we can help you find a policy that meets your need along with the discounts you qualify for. 

Homeowners Insurance Policies vary between Insurance Carriers?

We will help you find the right Homeowner Insurance Policy. We will navigate you through the coverage that makes sense for you. The includes helping you choose a coverage whether it only includes theft, fire and the basic liability or a comprehensive coverage including a list of your valuables. We will also make sure you know what type of coverage each Insurer offers and excludes from their policy

Should you increase your Deductible?

Your deductible is determined by what you are willing to pay out of pocket. We will work with you to find out, if installing automatic leak detectors or lightning protection systemss or any other low cost measure will get additional discounts on your premium.


We will give you a list of all the different riders that come with the different policies which will sometime result in a discount for you.

Combining Policies

We will work with you to see if getting your auto policy from the same Insurer might be the way to go which can sometime result in up to 15% savings from your premium

Other options.

We will work with you to determine if Liability coverage  which is a part of your homeowner's insurance policy is right for you. Liability Insurance pays for neighbors property damage or bodily injuries to others.

Review your policy

Every 2 years, we will review your policy with you, free of charge to make sure if you did a major remodel, it is covered or if something has since depreciate, you are covered accordingly.